Diesel Tractor Mechanice
Norris Auto Sales and Service
5959 NW 39th
Pays $30.00 Flag Hour
- Inspects motorized equipment, such as automobiles, mowers, tractors.
- Diagnoses and determines extent of necessary repairs.
- Overhauls, repairs and adjusts engines, transmissions, differentials and clutches.
- Inspects, cleans, repairs and replaces components of gas, diesel, including carburetors, fuel pumps, strainers, fuel lines, tanks and gauges.
- Repairs and replaces such components as alternators, distributors, relays, lights and switches.
- Adjusts and replaces brakes.
- Overhauls hydraulic, power steering, booster and vacuum systems.
- Removes and installs; radiators, water pumps, hoses and cooling fans.
- Operates motorized equipment in connection with repair and servicing.
- Records repairs on shop work orders.
- Performs preventive and special interest maintenance as prescribed by manufactures specifications or garage services operating instructions.
- Adheres to all established safety policies and standards to include the identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Requires reading, writing, and math skills normally obtained through the completion of a HS Diploma or a GED.
- Knowledge of the use of basic automotive mechanical tools and equipment, such as tire changing and vehicle lubrication equipment.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment employed in the rebuilding, repair and adjustment of motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of fuel, ignition, electrical and cooling systems and their diagnosis, repair and adjustment.
- Knowledge of chassis, parts and replacements.
- Appropriate automotive industry safety standards, precautions and procedures associated with a vehicle.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper safety practices, procedures and equipment applicable to mechanical work being performed.
- Knowledge of mechanical aptitude, ability to read and understand vehicle service and lubrication charts.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities):
- High School diploma or GED.
- 1 year of tractor and diesel mechanic experience
- Valid Drives License
- Own Tools
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.